Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The race card is thrown . . . Yet again . . .

I read this story today on another site and it made me laugh. I did not know that asking people to comply with health code requirements and possibly preventing free barbecue was somehow equated with slavery.

Then, it made me wonder. Have we finally arrived at the point in our society where any attempt to ensure public safety or to enforce laws is considered racist? We cannot enforce health codes, because it is racist against African-Americans. Yet, if someone had gotten sick from the barbecue, who do you think would be sued? the city- for not enforcing the health code! We cannot ask for ID's at valid police stops because it is racist against Hispanics and illegal aliens. Yet everyone knows that the vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic or from Central and South America. Like it or not, that is a basic fact. And last time I checked, police asking for ID's were equal opportunistic. The don't care who you are, as long as you have ID! We cannot search people of middle eastern descent at airports or who act suspicious. Yet most terrorists of modern day are of middle eastern descent.

And when things go wrong, what ALWAYS happens? The finger pointing starts and the blames begin. The government should have done more! That illegal should have been deported! This could have been prevented! And then the vicious cycle is complete because while there are calls for more to be done, anything that is attempted is knocked down, by the politically-correct-no-one-is-responsible-for-their-actions-make-cookies-for-those-who-want-to-kill-us crowd. It just does not make sense.

Do you ever wonder why you almost never hear a white person complain when they are called "crackers" or a host of other derogatory slangs, or when they accused of racism? Or how they learn to live with reverse racism, like affirmative action. Do you ever wonder why pretty much anything these days is considered racist? Why is it that rap music or derogatory comments by blacks to other African-Americans is somehow acceptable? Or how about when people like Bill Cosby tell the truth about all of the issues pertaining to the black society he is a sell out, yet when Obama preaches the same on Sunday, he is deemed as correct? Better yet, imagine what would have happened if a white politician gave the exact same speech!

I'll tell you why. Because its not a big deal. My parents raised me to not give a rip about what others thought, did, and said. Instead, I was told to worry about my own damn self. And guess what? I came out ok. I ignored the comments about my race, about my gender, my size, my religious preference, my lifestyle. And I ended up ok. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned in that. Too bad all of the sheeple out there who allow nonsense prevail will never learn it.

No comments: